Postal Issues, Forms
Here are a number of articles you can use to comply with postal regulations, understand periodical rates, get instructions on proper mailing procedures and an article on how to cut costs.
- The History of Periodical Rates
- NEW Form 3541(PDF) Use effective Jan. 28, 2013
- Max Heath's 2011 NNA presentation
- Annual Publisher's Statement (PDF)
- "How to Cut Postage Costs" (PDF), by Max Heath, postal chair for the National Newspaper Association
- New Periodicals Rates (PDF) Effective 2012
- Mailer Instructions (PDF)
- Periodicals Rules (PDF)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
• This question came from a member: "Are the 3541 postal forms that are sent to the post office with each daily or weekly mailing of the newspaper open to the public or to competitors?"
Max Heath, the most knowledgeable person in America on postal issues for newspapers, gave this response: "No, not since the mid-1990s, when PMG Runyon blocked them off. The 3526 (the annual Publisher's Statement) is it. Same for 3602-R for Standard Mail."