Review statutes and see how to upload public notices published in Kansas newspapers to the KPA-administered website: http://www.kansaspublicnotices.com/
Kansas Public Notice Requirement Statutes
- 64-101 Requirements to be a Legal Publication, First Class Cities/Counties/School Districts
- 12-1651 Requirements to be a Legal Publication, Second and Third Class Cities
- 28-137 Requirements for Legal Advertising Rates
- 64-102 Publication of Legal Ads on Certain Day of Week
- 12-1, 121 Rule for Public Notices Running Three Times (Failure to publish one notice)
Procedure for Uploading Newspaper PDFs to KPA's FTP site
When you are ready to beginning uploading PDFs of your pages to the Kansas Press Association's FTP site, see if you can add the new FTP site at NewzGroup as a "second recipient" when you upload your pages to your printer's FTP site.
If your printer's FTP site doesn't allow for a "second recipient," click here to download a short procedural description for what to do next.
Remember, we're asking you to upload your entire newspaper — not just the pages with public notices on them — so we can eventually do electronic tearsheeting, create a morgue and also create a repository for Awards of Excellence contest entries.
Please contact Richard Gannon at email@example.com or 785-271-5304 if you have any questions or concerns about the process or need the codes to use.