Postal Issues, Forms
Here are a number of articles you can use to comply with postal regulations, understand periodical rates, get instructions on proper mailing procedures and an article on how to cut costs.
- Form 3541 (PDF) Effective April 1, 2016
- Form 3526 (PDF) (Annual Publisher's Statement)
- Max Heath's 2011 NNA presentation
- "How to Cut Postage Costs" (PDF), by Max Heath, postal chair for the National Newspaper Association
- Mailer Instructions (PDF)
- Periodicals Rules (PDF)
- The History of Periodical Rates
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
- This question came from a member: "Are the 3541 postal forms that are sent to the post office with each daily or weekly mailing of the newspaper open to the public or to competitors?"
- Max Heath, the most knowledgeable person in America on postal issues for newspapers, gave this response: "No, not since the mid-1990s, when PMG Runyon blocked them off. The 3526 (the annual Publisher's Statement) is it. Same for 3602-R for Standard Mail."